Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The CeREAL Life

From what I understand, most of our readership has left us. That's not to say that they've stopped reading, but that for the most part, they have literally left the Chicagoland area. Where did they all go? Why, school of course! That happy time in life filled with drunken hate speech about professors and equally drunken love speech like "Hey you, beautiful. Listen, have you ever heard of the Fullerton Transfer?"

This mass migration - this would be a good time to coin the phrase massgration - has continued, for many of you, the bi-annual trend of living away from home at a dorm or an apartment. I think in the interest of fairness to this blog post, and to all of you, it should be made public information that I was a commuter during my college years. However, I am still fully able to relate to the conversation we're about to have...now!

My aforementioned independent friends often ask me, "Hey that's my girlfriend guy, what the fuck is your problem?" But in their less hostile moods, they often ask me, "Man, Tapan Jones, what the hell should I eat today?"

The back and forth invariably settles on a mainstay of the American diet - cereal. That's right, the deliciousness of those sugary little bits of finger food knows no bounds (with the exception of their binding rectangular domiciles, of course). Cereals taste great, satisfy hunger, and even promote happiness with their colorful designs and sexy spokespeople (I'm talking to you Count Chocula).

There is something I should let you know though, friends. My research into this delicacy has led me down an interesting path of lucky charms to that one single pot of gold in the box.

You see: Cereal companies run the drug trade!


User - Pusher - Queen's Guard

Some of you may read that and say, "Grrrrrreat. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. This is another one of his Trix. I'm leaving. Cheeri-o"

But wait, hear me out! All it takes to validate my claim is a small look into the names of the products themselves. Observe:

1) (insert flavor) Puffs - Smoking references, with tons of variety
2) Fruity Pebbles/Loops - Ecstasy reference. I seriously just google image searched the word ecstasy and this is what I got. Seriously. I can't make this shit up.
3) Frosted Flakes - Cocaine reference. Tony Montana. Tony the Tiger. COME ON!
4) Honey Smacks - Smack is heroin people.
5) Banana Nut Crunch - Okay, not drug-related, but just kind of gross. Think about it for a second... there you go

So there you have it. My expose. And as the piece de resistance, think to yourself, what do drug users crave more than anything when they're high.....? That's right.

Until next time, just remember. This is your brain:


And this is your brain on cereal:

Hope you got your Kix,
Tapan Jones

5 comments:

  1. cereal puns and captioned images. one of your best posts for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know what you're talking about.
    banana nut crunch SOUNDS DELICIOUS.

    =) okay
    product placement!
    i'm going to eat cereal now!

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl in that photo is blowing my mind. Does does she have a tiara on? Where's the regular version for comparison, because I think I found the 5 things wrong with that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...yes, this post was quite delicious to consume, some might even say magically delicious.

    ReplyDelete